Eyewitnesses of the Kapan fire say that there was a sound like ‘bomb blast’ again and again

Eyewitnesses of the Kapan fire say that there was a sound like 'bomb blast' again and again


6 October, Kathmandu. Ram Mandir, Budhanilkanth Municipality-11, Goma Buddhathoki of Kathmandu heard a loud ‘bomb blast’ sound at around 6 pm on Wednesday. When she heard the sound of explosion while walking in the room, she went out into the street gasping.

“I went to the next room and saw if nothing was broken,” says Buddhathoki. They were looking from house to house suspecting that everyone was sleeping in each other’s room.

Another explosion took place as people gathered around. After some time the blasts continued. ‘Suddenly it exploded with a gap of 15/20 seconds,’ he told online news, ‘I thought it was the bomb itself, when I came up the hill I saw smoke coming out of Alipar’s house.’

Seeing the fire, the people with him started walking towards him. When Batamo left, other people were also going to the same place. “When we reached there, a three-storey house was burning,” said the woman found near the Ram temple on Thursday.

According to the Superintendent of Police (SP) of District Police Complex, Kathmandu, Dineshraj Mainali, fire tenders were called to Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur as soon as the fire was reported.

But the fire was spreading so fast that it was not easy to control. Ravindra Bahadur Dhanuk, chief of the Valley Police Office, Ranipokhari, said that Nepal Army fire brigade was called after seeing that the fire could spread elsewhere.

According to Dhanuk, seeing the rapid spread of the fire, along with the army’s fire brigade, a team of disaster management team was also deployed. Team officials wearing ‘firefighter’ jackets went upstairs and doused the fire. But there were no other people in the house.

Later, nine fire tenders and 10 water tankers were dispatched from the Armed Police Forces and Tribhuvan International Airport to douse the fire. According to an official of Police Circle Budh, when the police team reached the ground floor, two people were found in an unfamiliar state.

,

According to Raju Adhikari, Ward President of Budhneelkanth Municipality-11, a person was found seriously injured outside. “With his face almost completely burnt, we sent him to the hospital with little hope that he can be saved,” the official told news online.

According to the police department, there were 20 oxygen gas cylinders and 10 LP gas cylinders on the ground floor. It is suspected that the fire may have started from gas.

According to the police, Ashok Rai and Sukedhara, residents of Sankhuwasabha House, Karsa Tenji Sherpa of Taplejung House and Chhewang Sherpa of Kathmandu-25 died in the incident.

28-year-old Kushal Budhathoki, a resident of Kapan, was seriously injured. His right hand, both legs and the right side of the face are affected. He is undergoing treatment at Karuna Hospital in Chunikhel.

According to police, Nirmal Purja and Mingma David Sherpa used to run a trekking agency named Elite Himalayan Adventures on rent from the ground floor of Tank Ghisingh’s house. Those who lost their lives are the employees of this agency.

According to the ward head officer, at other times the employees there used to leave till 5 pm. But on Wednesday he stayed late because he had a lot of work. “One of the employees was saved as he had gone out to buy cigarettes,” he said.

When a pregnant woman throws…

Neighbor Vinod KC came out and saw that Ghising’s house was on fire.

“When I heard the sound of the fall, I went outside and saw that the ground floor was on fire. The ground floor was hired by a trekking agency,” Casey told Online News.

According to him, Ghising’s son, mother and other family members also lived in the house. But on Wednesday he was not at home.

According to neighbor Shanu KC, Ghising’s sister-in-law Phurpa Sherpa was the only person upstairs. She tells Sanu that seeing the fire below, she threw a spear from above towards the field.

‘She was pregnant too, but what does it matter when she is about to die?’ He said, ‘Thankfully he didn’t get so many injuries.’

According to him, when the fire brigade initially poured water, the fire got worse.

According to experts, it is not possible to control the fire caused by gas with ordinary water. But this was the mistake in the beginning. Later the Chemical Fire Brigade came and brought the fire under control.

According to the police department, there were 20 oxygen gas cylinders and 10 LP gas cylinders on the ground floor. It is suspected that the fire may have started from gas.

According to a police source, the employees of the trekking company were staying on the ground floor. It is seen that they must have cooked lunch by burning gas before the fire. Police’s preliminary estimate is that the fire may have started from there.


Source: OnlineKhabar

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.

Himal Sanchar