Sandeep Lamichhane said – I am in isolation due to mental stress, will return to Nepal soon

9 October, Kathmandu. Suspended national cricket team captain Sandeep Lamichhane, who has been accused of raping a minor, has said that he is planning to return to Nepal to fight the charges against him.

Writing a status on social network Facebook on Sunday night, he also mentioned that he was in ‘isolation’ due to mental stress and ill health. And, he mentioned that he will return to Nepal soon.

“The news that a warrant was issued in my name and the complaint filed against me became public, made me mentally insane, I was not able to think what to do or not”, he said. All things affected me mentally. On one hand I had to go through an illness and due to mental stress and ill health, I have been kept in isolation.

He termed the statement made by the victim as “false” and said that being portrayed as a criminal affected him mentally and physically.

He said that he is bringing himself back to normalcy on the advice of doctors. He further said, ‘My health will gradually improve and I plan to return to Nepal as soon as possible to defend the false complaint against me.’

Lamichhane, who went to Kenya to play the T20 series, went to Jamaica to play the Caribbean Premier League (CPL). Although he said that he will be back soon, he has not disclosed where he is now. Even the police have not been able to trace it.

According to sources, Lamichhane has visas from countries like America, Canada, Britain, Australia.

what is the event?

On August 21, a police complaint was filed at the Gaushala Police Circle, stating that he raped her several times after taking her for a ride to Bhaktapur at a hotel in Kathmandu. After that he wrote a status on Facebook saying that he is innocent and is going to come to Nepal respecting the law.

But so far they are out of touch. If he does not return, the police is preparing to proceed with the process of bringing him to Nepal in collaboration with the International Criminal Police Organization (Interpol).

The District Court, Kathmandu has allowed the District Police Office, Kathmandu to arrest Lamichhane on 23 August. Accordingly, the Kathmandu Police has written to the Tribhuvan International Airport Security Police Office to arrest him. Based on that, he would be arrested as soon as he landed at the airport.

Lamichhane had gone to Kenya on 6 August to play the T20 series. It is alleged that a night before that, he took a 17-year-old girl to a hotel in Kathmandu’s Pinglasthan and raped her.

According to the victim’s statement, Lamichhane himself had gone to pick up the victim near the hostel in central Baneshwar. The victim’s complaint states that on the pretext of having lunch, she was taken to Nagarkotma in Bhaktapur and returned late.

When he reached Kathmandu, it was 10:30 pm and Lamichhane asked him to stay at the hotel saying that the hostel would be closed. Then it is said in the complaint that she was raped while staying in the hotel.

Source: OnlineKhabar

Himal Sanchar