Students studying MBBS without contact

Institute of Health Sciences, Nepal Army

14 October, Kathmandu. A student studying in the fourth year of MBBS at Nepal Army Institute of Health Sciences at Sanobrayang in Kathmandu has been without contact for the past two months.

Rajesh Shahi, 24-year-old son of Dan Bahadur Shahi of Guran Gaonpalika-2 of Dailekh, has been missing for a long time but the exact cause of the incident has not been disclosed.

Spokesperson of Kathmandu Metropolitan Police Complex, Superintendent of Police Ramesh Kumar Basnet said that the situation is yet to be ascertained. “It came to our notice then.

However, his family claimed that the royal had disappeared from the institute’s hostel and demanded that the army provide factual information. Shahi’s cousin Padam Malla went missing from the college on 3 September and demanded that his condition be made public at the earliest. He said the army had informed his family about his disappearance on September 3 and suspicions were raised.

Malla complained that he had come to Kathmandu as soon as he got the news and had applied for a search in the premises of the Nepal Army and the Metropolitan Police.

“Today is the 59th day of the disappearance. No one knows what is the situation. The ongoing investigation process is not satisfactory,” he said. “I’ve been forced to be in the media.” Malla said Shahi’s condition went unknown as the institute did not heed the responsibility of supervising his students. He said, “Shahi is a good student. Even if he is wrong, the path of legal remedy is different. We need people.”

Saying that Shahi’s friends came early and asked to get rid of Rajesh, we have seen him. Army spokesman Santosh Ballabh Poudel said he lost contact with the royal family after leaving the institute’s gate.

He also told that the search operation is being carried out with the joint effort of the family, police and Nepal Army. “He hasn’t been contacted since he left the gate. The cause is not known,” Poudel said. He said it was ironic that he had not been found for two months and there had been clear instructions from Army Chief Prabhuram Sharma to find him.

Spokesperson Poudel said that the Central Bureau of Investigation (CIB) of the police is also investigating the incident and the CIV has got the full cooperation of the army in the investigation. The family is demanding justice for him.

Source: OnlineKhabar

Himal Sanchar